Monday, October 25, 2010

Lazy Crockpot Monday

I'm working the dayshift today, so I thought I'd use my crockpot this morning.  When I get home from work, I can go running and then just sit down to dinner.  Hopefully chicken parmesan tastes good with vodka sauce...I had a homemade jar of sauce from a co-worker in the cabinet, but I couldn't get it open and C was still sleeping.



Slow-Cooker Chicken Parm

3-4 chicken breasts
Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Basil, thyme, salt & pepper
1 egg
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce-enough to cover

1)  Crack the egg into a small bowl, and scramble with a fork.

2)  In another small bowl, fill about halfway with breadcrumbs.  Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and a pinch each of basil, thyme, salt, & pepper.  Mix with a fork.

3)  Spray the insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray.

4)  One by one, take each chicken breast, dip into the egg, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture and place in the bottom of your slow-cooker.  Take care not to pile them one on top of each other.

5)  When all chicken is in the slow-cooker, sprinkle with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese, or whatever amount satisfies your dietary needs.  I used 2% Trader Joe's Mozzarella.

6)  Dump the jar of pasta sauce over the entire thing, making sure everything is covered.

7)  Cook for 6 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.

1 comment: